Check out these links to info from Hall of Fame Outdoor Journalist Louie Stout.
Have an interesting photo you'd like to share with our readers? We'd love to post it on our Braggin' Board!
Click here to submit your photos.
By Louie Stout
DNR Assistant Biologist Tyler Delauder is shown taken samples of plant life that impact boating in Center Lake in Warsaw.
If you want to get anglers riled up, bring up the topic of lake and river associations applying chemicals to kill aquatic plants.
That topic created a firestorm on social media this week when the Indiana DNR announced it issued $585,000 in grant money to lake groups to treat weeds in Hoosier lakes. The 42 projects involve lakes in 16 counties, most of which are in the northern part of the state.
The grants are issued through the Lake and River Enhancement Fund supported by boat owners’ fees paid annually when they register their boats.
The DNR pays for 80 percent of the approved treatments and the sponsoring lake group pays the other 20 percent.