St. Croix Report
St. Croix Rod announces details of a launch of an all-new bass-centric rod series that will help hard-core bass anglers rack up more wins.
The technique-specific bass rods t with an all-new material, handcraft them on U.S. soil in Park Falls, Wisconsin will be available in March. They will be priced from $180-$250.
Lightweight, sensitive performance and extreme durability are hallmarks across the entirety of the new American-made Victory series, which includes eight models available to anglers in March, and 17 more planned for release later in 2021.
St. Croix Victory Series Models
- Lite-Weight / VTS610MLXF – 6’10” Medium-Light Power, Extra-Fast Action Spinning – $180
- Finesse / VTS71MF – 7’1” Medium Power, Fast Action Spinning – $190
- Max-Tactical / VTS73MXF – 7’3” Medium Power, Extra-Fast Action Spinning – $200
- The Grunt / VTC71MHF – 7’1” Medium-Heavy Power, Fast Action Casting – $190
- Power Target Cranker / VTC72MHM – 7’2” Medium-Heavy Power, Moderate Action Casting – $190
- Full Contact Finesse / VTC73XHF – 7’3” Extra-Heavy Power, Fast Action Casting – $200
- The Marshal / VTC73MHF – 7’3” Medium-Heavy Power, Fast Action Casting – $200
- Full Contact / VTC74HF – 7’4” Heavy Power, Fast Action Casting – $200
Victory rods – among the lightest and most-durable St. Croix rods ever – are crafted with an all-new material known as SCIII+, a hybrid of St. Croix’s advanced SCIII carbon and exotic SCVI carbon.
“In itself, SCIII is an exceptional material for building fishing rods,” says St. Croix Product Manager, Ryan Teach. “It’s a high-modulus high-strain carbon fiber that produces sensitive and lightweight rods with excellent durability, and can be found in our Avid, latest-generation Mojo Bass, Mojo Musky and other St. Croix rod series.
“SCVI is a super high-modulus high-strain carbon fiber that’s too stiff to be used as a primary material, but can be efficiently combined in selective amounts and strategic locations with other materials – SCIII in this case – to add power while reducing overall weight. At the same time, durability and performance are further enhanced with our ARTTM (Advanced Reinforcing Technology), FRS (Fortified Resin System), TET (Taper Enhancement Technology) and IPC® (Integrated Poly Curve) technologies. These new technique-specific bass rods truly have it all, at a price that’s accessible for a wide variety of anglers. ”
The specific construction of each technique-specific Victory rod is customized to excel in its intended use. “The exact amount and location of SCVI material is optimized on each rod in the series,” says Teach. “Each one is different and unique. For the angler, that means each rod has the right power exactly where it’s needed, with a correctly balanced tip that supports the desired technique while minimizing rod torque. And it isn’t just the blanks that are unique,” Teach continues. ”Handles, guide spacing, and even hook-keeper designs are customized and optimized on each of these rods.”St. Croix Victory Series Features
- Super high-modulus hybrid carbon fiber SCIII+ blanks matched with Fortified Resin System (FRS) technology offering maximum power and strength with a significantly reduced blank weight
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Fuji® Concept “O” guides with deep press inserts
- Fuji® SK2 reel seat on casting models with comfort centric complimenting componentry
- Fuji® VSS real seat on spinning models with comfort centric complimenting componentry
- Fuji® KDPS reel seat nut on spinning and casting models with thread covering hood
- Split-grip, super-grade cork handles customized per model
- Full-grip material combination handle on select models
- Model-specific hook keepers selectively placed per technique
- Single coat sealer on blank with slow cure finish
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish on guides
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
Look for all-new St. Croix Victory rods at St. Croix dealers and online beginning March 19.
Learn more at stcroixrods.com.